Cultural Promotion and Funding
The Studierendenwerk Thüringen supports more than 50 student projects every year. Thus, we support a diverse cultural offer in your city.
Would you like to organise your own international, cultural or sports projects? Then you are welcome here. We will be pleased to advise you on financing and implementing your ideas.
And here's how it works:
To submit a successful application, you should first read our funding guidelines. Here you will find important information on the requirements and ways in which we support the cultural sector.
A clear and detailed project description is very important for the success of your application.
You should answer the following questions in the description text:
- Who runs the project?
- What are the objectives of the project?
- What measures will be used to implement it?
- Which target group is addressed?
- How is the project to be advertised?
- Why should the project be supported?
The financial plan provides a detailed breakdown of planned income and expenditure for the entire project. To be successful, this plan should be calculated both economically and thriftily.
The expenditure includes, for example:
- Related consumables
- Expenses / fees
- Transportation / travel expenses
- Costs for overnight stay / meals
- Costs for rent / technical equipment
- Insurance / taxes
- Costs for public relations / printing costs
Revenues include, for example:
- Entrance fees (fees for students / regular entrance fees)
- Proceeds from sales
- Own resources
- Requested funding / sponsoring (please list individually with application amount)
- Application amount Studierendenwerk
Please note: The financial plan should be balanced so that the total expenditure corresponds to the total income plus the applied amount at the Studierendenwerk.
Now you only must fill in our application form:
- Fill in and sign the application form
- Obtain signature of the student representation
- Enclose project description
- Enclose financial plan
- Enclose advertising material (if available; current ones or those from the previous year)
Send the application and all enclosures to
Please note: For planning security, you should submit the complete application to us in the first stage of planning. We should receive the application at least two months before the project starts.
Four steps for you - evidence for us. Your complete description of expenditures should include the following documents:
You document the course of the project with the final report and justify the appropriateness of the financial support.
Your project report should cover the following details:
- Dates & venues
- Which idea did you have in mind with the project?
- Participants / numbers of guests
- Communication & PR activities
- Use of the funds provided
- Successes/ challenges
- if applicable, outlook on future projects
You provide impressive proof of the success of your project with specimen copies and public relations documents.
These are for example:
- Flyer / posters
- Press comments
- Specimen or author's copies (CDs, DVDs, catalogues etc.)
Receipts and supporting documents
We have specified not only the total amount of funding in your letter of approval, but also the purpose for which the funds are to be used. We will need original invoices from you as proof of this expenditure. In justified exceptional cases, we will also accept copies of these receipts. In this case, please note on the copies where the originals will be archived for the next five years in the event of an audit.
Line item breakdown of the numbers
A detailed breakdown of the actual income and expenditures for the project is to be given here. When listing the individual items, you should refer to the financial plan submitted in advance with the application.
The Studierendenwerk Thüringen is an important promoter of student culture and would like to be perceived as such by the public. Therefore, we expect you to publish the logo of the Studierendenwerk in all advertising-relevant materials. The most common formats and colours can be downloaded here: