Mountain hut Steinheid
For those seeking recreation and for leisure activities of small groups of students, the Studierendenwerk Thüringen offers stays in the hikers' and skiers' cabin in Steinheid.
The hikers' cabin in Steinheid offers space for 12 people. There are two bedrooms with three bunk beds each and each shower with separate WC.
You must care for yourself in the hikers' and skiers' cabin. A lounge equipped with refurbished old wooden furniture with modern kitchen unit, including dishwasher and satellite TV, offers all the possibilities for these activities. There is a barbecue area next to the cabin.
The Steinheid mountain hut is in Schanzweg, next to the Steinheid sports field.
The village Steinheid is located at the Rennsteig and is about 4 kilometres away from Siegmundsburg.
Leisure time activities in the village and in the surrounding area
- Summer and snow tubing: first snow and summer tubing facility in Thuringia in Siegmundsburg with ski lift and toboggan slope
- Glass-blowing art „Glasphantasien Möller“
- House of Nature, Goldisthal
- Bowling centre in Golden Nugget, Goldisthal
- Summer toboggan run at Vacation village "Auenland"
- Glasworks, Lauscha
- Museum of Glass art, Lauscha
- German museum of toys, Sonneberg
- Feengrotten (“Fairy Grottoes“ = former mine full of stalactites and minerals), Saalfeld
- Thermal spa, Bad Rodach
- in the immediate vicinity: modern bowling facilities at the Petersberg sports complex, asphalted inline skating and roller skiing track, soccer field, tartan running track and the Rennsteig Health centre
Booking and instructions for use
Instructions for use
You receive the key (depending on the agreement) in the secretary's office of the Studierendenwerk Thüringen, Philosophenweg 20, 07743 Jena or in Siegmundsburg in the meeting place Rosenbaum House (approx. 4 km from the hikers' cabin towards Suhl). If you wish, we can also offer you a contact-free check in. Please let us know in advance.
Instructions for stay and operation of the heating are posted in the cabin.
Contract for a stay at the Steinheid Ski and Hiking Cabin
Thank you for your interest. Please use the following contract form to confirm your booking.
|Basis charge*/night (up to 6 persons)||€ 90.00|
|For every further person per night||adult||€ 12.00|
|university staff member||€ 10.00|
|children up to 10 years||€ 5.00|
|For bed linen and towels provided||per person||€ 8.00|
|Final cleaning (one-time)||€ 30.00|
|Seasonal supplement (01/10-15/03)||per person and night||€ 2.00|
Minimum stay 2 nights
* Christmas, New Year's Eve: 4 nights base price € 120.00/night
You can pay by invoice when you return the keys or in cash at the cash desk in Jena. Payment by EC card or in cash is possible in Siegmundsburg.
For cancellations up to 31 days before the start of the trip, 50 % of the tour price is to be paid, up to 7 days before the start of the trip 80 % of the tour price is to be paid. If you do not fully use the booked number of beds or completely withdraw from the contract after that, 100 % of the travel price can be charged. Cancellations must be notified in writing. The guest is free to prove that the mentioned claim did not arise or did not arise to the claimed amount. If you arrive late or leave early, there will be no refund.
On the day of arrival, the hikers' cabin is at your disposal from 2:00 pm. On the day of departure, please vacate it broom-clean by 10:00 am. Please discuss any necessary changes with us in advance.