Financial support for Ukrainian students

Ukrainian students who are in financial need through no fault of their own due to the war in their home country can apply for a grant of up to 600 euros per month from the Studierendenwerk Thüringen to continue their studies. The financial support for Ukrainian students does not have to be repaid.

This financial support is limited until the end of this year 2022. Applications must be submitted in the current month. The deadline for submitting an application is December 15, 2022.

Applications must be sent to Please use the application form and sign it by hand.

The following information is required for the application (please submit as a copy/scan):

  • completed application for financial support for Ukrainian students affected by the war in the Ukraine, including a description of the financial emergency and proof by means of appropriate documents
  • copy of residence permit or passport
  • current certificate of enrolment (students who were registered in a degree program at a Thuringian university on February 24, 2022, as well as at the time of application are entitled to apply).
  • documentation of financial need sorted chronologically without gaps according to date by submitting the account statements of all accounts (also blocked and credit accounts)
    o for initial applications, starting from February 01, 2022 (The bank statements of the initial application must show financial losses of income because of the war in the Ukraine.)
    o for subsequent applications, beginning with the full month of the last application.

Please note: Your own financial resources must not exceed the amount of financial support requested, i.e., you must not have more than 600 euros available across all accounts (including blocked accounts and credit accounts). Receiving benefits according to the Asylum Seekers' Benefits Act, SGB II or BAföG excludes financial support.
Financial support is also precluded by irregular, untraceable account transactions or missing documentation.
Please refer to the guidelines for more information. You are welcome to contact our staff at the General Social Counselling Service, where you can submit the application.



Social Media