Students who find themselves in financial need unexpectedly and through no fault of their own can apply to the Studierendenwerk Thüringen for a short-term loan - an interest-free social loan of up to €800.
For the application are required (please submit as scan):
- completed application for short-term loan, including a description of the financial hardship and proof by means of appropriate documents,
- copy of ID card, passport, or residence permit,
- current certificate of study,
- Chronologically sorted documentation of the financial hardship by date based on the submission of account statements for all accounts (including blocked accounts and credit accounts) for the last two months up to the day before the application was submitted.,
Important: Your own financial resources must not exceed the amount of the short-term loan requested, i.e., no more than 800 euros may be available across all accounts (including blocked and credit accounts). Your monthly income must not exceed the current BAföG level or a financial hardship must be separately justified. Irregular, untraceable account transactions or missing documentation preclude a short-term loan.
- direct debit authorization - please sign personally (no computerized signature).
Naming an address guarantor who does not share a common address with the person taking out the loan and provides a residential address in Germany (please submit the name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and a copy of the address guarantor's ID or residence permit.)