The menu concept mensaVital is our contribution to a healthy diet. Balanced recipes create wholesome and sustainable dishes prepared with fresh ingredients.
mensaVital stands for:
- nutritionally balanced combination of ingredients*
- vitamin-preserving and low-fat cooking
- use of high-quality fats and oils
- our contribution to the " Five a day " campaign (five portions of fruit and vegetables a day)
- careful food selection (whole grains, legumes, nuts, lean meat, crisp veggie mix)
- daily offer of fish, meat, vegan, and vegetarian dishes in a balanced mix
- refraining from fried and breaded foods
- refraining from using significantly prefabricated products
- fresh and natural ingredients
- refraining from using flavours and flavour enhancers
- use of fresh herbs instead of a seasoning mix
- creative recipes with seasonal foods
- combination of regional and international cuisine
* One portion at lunch corresponds to the energy requirement for the midday meal of an adult (19-65 years) with sedentary occupation (physical activity level = 1.4).
Source: German Nutrition Society. (DGE). (2008). Quality standards for company catering (1st ed.). Bonn: DGE.
You can find more information about mensaVital here: www.mensavital.de.